Religious Ceremony to invoke blessings on naval war hero.
A “Bodhi Pooja” was arranged at Dambakolapatuna Sangamiththa Viharaya in the evening on 29th February 2012 by Sri Lanka Navy to commemorate the 44th birth anniversary and invoke blessings on late LCdr AUK Wahalathanthri who paid supreme sacrifice at Poonarin on 11th November 1993 during the confrontation with LTTE. Ven Poowarasankulama Wimalananda Thero of Sri Bodhirukkharamaya, Galenbidunuwewa conducted the Bodhi Pooja and the mother and close relatives of late LCdr AUK Wahalathanthri, Commander Northern Naval Area, officers and about 400 sailors in Northern Naval Command attended this religious event.
- Official Launch of “http://www.dambakolapatuna.info”
- Statue of Arahat Sangamitta unveiled
- Foundation stone laid for new Pilgrims’ Rest
- “Mathaka Wastha Pooja” conducted to invoke blessings on war hero
- Religious Ceremony to invoke blessings on naval war hero
- “Adishtana Pooja” to invoke blessings for Mother Sri Lanka