Official Launch of “http://www.dambakolapatuna.info”
This website was officially launched by the Commander of the Navy Vice Admiral DWAS Dissanayake, which will be providing readers the necessary information about Dambakolapatuna Sangamitta temple that was constructed and maintained by the Northern Naval Command of the Sri Lanka Navy. Hosting Contribution was from Mr. Navin Samarakoon who has volunteered to support this venture when he visited this sacred location last December.
Statue of Arahat Sangamitta unveiled
A statue of Arhat Sangamitta at Dambokolapatuna Sangamitta Viharaya has been unveiled by the Commander of the Navy Vice Admiral DWAS Dissanayake on the Unduwap full moon Poya day (6th February 2012). The statue which depicts the arrival of Arhat Sangamitta with the sacred Bo Sapling reminds the historical event that took place at this ancient port more than 2250 years back. Funds received from the devotees visiting the temple and the donations of the Naval personnel were used for the construction.
- Official Launch of “http://www.dambakolapatuna.info”
- Statue of Arahat Sangamitta unveiled
- Foundation stone laid for new Pilgrims’ Rest
- “Mathaka Wastha Pooja” conducted to invoke blessings on war hero
- Religious Ceremony to invoke blessings on naval war hero
- “Adishtana Pooja” to invoke blessings for Mother Sri Lanka